When a licensed contractor is doing the work, the contractor must register on MyBuildingPermit. This allows the jurisdiction to verify that the contractor has the appropriate state and local licenses before the permit is issued electronically. Once the jurisdiction approves the contractor registration, you can apply for permits.
Below is the basic information needed to provide during the contractor registration process.
- Contractor email Address (Authorization to use the site is sent to this email address)
- Company Name, Address and Phone Number
- Contractor State License Number, Type of License and Expiration Date (If Contractor has multiple licenses, each license number must be registered);
- Contractor City Business License Numbers and expiration dates (Required if obtaining permits from Bellevue, Bothell, Burien, Issaquah, Kirkland, Mercer Island, Mill Creek, Newcastle, Sammamish, and Snoqualmie)
- Contractor State Unified Business Identification (UBI) Number
What Happens Now?
Once the contractor registration information is submitted, it is sent to each jurisdiction for verification and approval. This verification process takes approximately 2 business days for completion.
Check your Contractor Profile (choose "Edit Your Contractor Profile" on the Welcome Page) to see your status. You may start applying for permits in a city as soon as the specific city has approved you.